Vacation Rentals - Checklist
- 1. Make reservations early
- Planning ahead and booking early guarantees you maximum choice and access to the optimal rental. Avoiding last minute bookings can also save you money. Last minute renters invariably have to settle for fewer amenities or a higher price.
- 2. Get lease or rental agreement
- Be sure to get everything down on paper before you send any payments.
- 3. Don't miss deadlines for deposits and payments
- Missed payment deadlines can result in a forfeiture of monies and a cancellation of your reservation.
- 4. Know your cancellation policy
- Get a clear cancellation policy in writing. Be prepared to sacrifice at least a portion of your deposit should you have to cancel. Some owners have non-refundable cancellation policies during peak travel times, such as holidays, in which you could lose your entire deposit.
- 5. Are bed linens included with the rental?
- Some rentals do provide bed linens while many others do not. Also, if you are going to a beach destination, be sure to bring beach towels very rarely are beach towels provided by homeowners.
- 6. Get complete instructions in advance
- Pre arrival instructions should include details on how to gain entry to the rental. Keys, the owner's phone number, or that of a local representative should be made available. If keys are forwarded to you, you should also have the name of a local contact should unforeseen problems arise.
- 7. Get vacation insurance
- Things happen! Protect yourself against trip cancellation penalties, travel interruptions and delays, emergency medical expenses, lost baggage and more buy purchasing trip insurance.
Vacation Rentals – Search Now